The ability to directly import up to 10 generations of genealogy using a GEDCOM file (or via FamilySearch) has got to be one of my favorite time-saving features of Family Tree Prints. If you've read about the impetus for our creating Family Tree Prints (a.k.a. spending 40+ hours meticulous creating a family tree chart for my mother-in-law by hand) you'll know why. The best part? It's super easy. Here's how.
Choose whichever template you'd like to start from on www.familytreeprints.com, and click "Start from this template". This will drop you into the family tree maker software.
1) In the top right-hand corner, click the grey button that says "Import Family Names".Alternatively, you can click the Import icon at the bottom of the left sidebar. Both options will open the Import sidebar panel.
2) Click "Import Gedcom File" and select the file you'd like to import from your computer.
3) Once uploaded, there will be a dropdown list of everyone contained within the GEDCOM file.
4) From these, choose who you would like to be the "center" of your chart and click their name.
5) The chart will then populate with your chosen person as the first generation.
Ready to get started? Visit FamilyTreePrints.com to choose your starting template and create your personalized family tree chart!