If you don't have a FamilySearch account or a GEDCOM file with your genealogy, you can still create a chart with Family Tree Prints quickly starting from one of our family tree templates and then entering your genealogy manually. Here's a video tutorial showing you exactly how it works using one of our very favorite fictional families as an example: Harry Potter!
Some points to note:
- You'll do all of your data entry from the "Individual" tab in the family tree maker. Click on the cell you want to add information to and then just type in the "Name: ___" field that pulls up in the Individual sidebar panel.
- Changing font size can be done on a per generation basis from the "Generation" tab in the left sidebar of the family tree builder.
- Changing how the name is displayed (curved, broken onto multiple lines, showing the date or not, etc.) can be done from the "Generation" tab as well.
- Changing font can be done from the "Chart" tab of the family tree maker.
- Add a title for your chart using the "Text Decal" tab of the family tree builder.
Want a peek at the fully completed chart? Here it is!
Want to get started making your own family tree? Head on over to FamilyTreePrints.com to choose a family tree template to start from!